The Sumner Hub is the Home and administration / project heart of the Sumner Community Residents Association.
We are located in the old the Sumner Police station at 57 Nayland St, Sumner 8081.
We are seeking volunteers to work in the Hub so to allow us to increase opening hours.
Where possible the Hub is open:
Monday - Friday 10am-12pm
Face to Face: you're always welcome to visit us at the Hub, weekdays 10am-12pm
Post: 57 Nayland Street, Christchurch 8081
The Sumner Hub offers:
The Bikery - open Saturday and Sunday mornings or by appointment
- maintenance of bikes
- maintenance of local trails
art@SumnerHub - hours by appointment
- art and craft classes
Advertising & Promotion
- Sumner Hub facebook page
- Sumner Hub website
- Whiteboards for messages and advertising
- Email newsletters
- Village Mall, Sumner Centre, and Sumner Hub noticeboards
- putting the community's perspective in front of CCC, our Community Board, and media
- assisting community groups to make progress by helping to articulate and guide where possible
Community Group Assistance
- Hot desk
- Use of SCRA mailing address
- Promotion via the Sumner Hub website, social media channels and fortnightly e-newsletters
- Umbrella support under the SCRA Incorporation status for funding applications and use of SCRA Community Funds bank account.
Information & Resources
- Brochures and pamphlets
- Council documents “Have your say”
- Books and magazines for loan on how to empower communities
- hire of sound system, gardening items, event equipment
Lost Property and Information Distribution
- Return of lost items to their rightful owners
- Distribution of local information and shared knowledge.